Channel 12 news

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Summer Fun

Brendan is skipping ESY (Summer) School for the first time ever! He has a busy Summer and would have only attended for a little over two weeks so I said why not?! We went on vacation and he is going to a sleep away Summer camp in a few weeks. I am getting nervous!


We went to lake Ontario for our Summer camping trip this year. It was a great time. Lake Ontario is like an Ocean. I have never seen such a large Lake. The waves were like an ocean, it went on for miles like an ocean yet it lacked the smell. We honestly couldn't wrap our heads around it. Now I want to see all of the great Lakes. The campground was a lot of fun. We stayed at Brennan's RV Beach Resort. It has 3 pools, a lot of activities such as arts and crafts for the little kids, live bands and of course a beach. We took Brendan's golf cart for its maiden voyage. It worked out really well especially since the campground was so large. We used it constantly. Brendan is getting extremely heavy and awkward. Honestly he is getting too tall for me. Derek has to do almost all of the lifting and carrying while we are using the RV. I can no longer safely maneuver him in and out and I always feel bad but Derek just does it all and hardly complains.


Brendan was really excited for someone else in the house to have surgery. Chloe hurt her elbow during cheer practice back in October. She fractured it in two places. She was given the clear to go back to cheer just 6 weeks later. I questioned this but no one else did so back she went. Her elbow hasn't been right since and today she had to go under the knife. They had to remove a piece of bone and reconnect a ligament. She is excited to get back to normal. Brendan is excited that someone else had to go through what he goes through constantly.



We have been trying to enjoy life, raise 5 kids and continue to grow our business. Life is constantly chaotic so I love when we hit the road in the RV. I wish we could go more often! I am still surprised at how well our family gets along in a 31 foot RV for 9 days. We have the best family.


I have been getting Brendan ready for his 12 night stay at camp. I am getting really nervous. I never let anyone else care for him like this. He can not have any electronics, not even his phone! I think I might worry the entire time. I really hope he enjoys it and doesn't get home sick. I don't really think he knows what he is getting into. We have to pack a lot of stuff so I am preparing now. Wish us both luck!


Time to get some kids off to bed!

No comments: