Channel 12 news

Monday, November 16, 2009

One Dollar at a time

You may have noticed that I have added a donate button to Brendan's blog. We are asking those who are interested in helping Brendan walk donate a dollar. These dollars are only going towards Brendan's future surgery which requires money for plane tickets out to St. Louis, surgery costs, future therapy costs, and any future equipment needed for him to ambulate. I have set up a paypal account in his name and he has his own email. Helpbrendanwalk@gmail.com
Having disabled child requires money you would never imagine spending. His father and I have spent $1,000's just on new walkers for him. He needs special sneakers to fit over his leg braces that cost $65 each which he now wears a hole through in his toes just in a few months. We are lucky to have great insurance that covers most other expenses but these added expenses add up very quickly.
So on top of these we need to get Brendan to St. Louis!!! He needs to get evaluated by Dr. Park one last time and I need to be by his side taking diligent notes. Today's plane tickets cost $828 round trip for just Brendan and I to fly to St. Louis. We also need a place to stay for one night and probably a rental car. So as you can see those expenses are unaffordable for us right now. Obviously I will go into debt if need be for my son's future but a little help would be greatly appreciated.
We will need to fly to St. Louis at least 3 times over the next couple of years.
This is why I am asking for a little help. Something I NEVER do. I want to be able to make this surgery a possibility for Brendan. He deserves it.
Thank you in advance to anyone who decides to donate their dollar!!! :)

1 comment:

April said...

It's okay to ask for help sometimes.